Introducing Our New Customer Loyalty Program
How it works:
- Pick up your Book Bucks card at the designated area when you enter the store. Bring it with you to the register when you are ready to check out.
- Your total sale amount will be entered into one of 6 boxes on the index card.
- Fill up all 6 boxes and receive 10% of the total back in Book Bucks.
- Use your earned Book Bucks to purchase anything in the store.
- There is no limit on how much you can earn, but you must use your current Book Bucks before you can start a new card.
You do not need to have a store account to participate in the Book Bucks Loyalty Program.
* Book Bucks are not redeemable for cash. Only one card can be redeemed per day.
NEW COVID-19 PROCEDURE RESTRICTIONS!
All credits will be held for 48 hours before being processed.
If you do not have credit at time of drop off, we will give you enough for your purchase on the first drop off day.
No more than 1 box or 2 bags of books may be dropped off per family per day.
No books dropped off for credit will be returned. They will be donated to libraries or charities. We will also not be returning containers or bags that books are dropped off in.
If your book drop-off exceeds our limit listed above, an appointment will be necessary. Please call during store hours to schedule. Limited number of appointments available per week. These will also be held for 48 hours before processing. Please only bring books that we can sell, you will be given a list of restrictions when you call for an appointment.
How it works:
- Store credit will work for both of our locations.
- We offer store credit for all used books. We never purchase books for cash.
- Store credit is not redeemable for cash
- Paperbacks are worth 25% of the publisher price
- Hardcovers are worth $1-4 (any book we sell for $1 or less will not receive credit)
- Books we cannot use are donated or you may take them back. (You MUST take them with you that day or they become Starr Books property)
- Your books will be processed in the order they are received.
- You must use your account to purchase books at least once every 2 years or account will be closed.
We Do Not Accept:
- Books that have an odor
- Water Damaged
- Torn, yellowed, ripped
- Missing covers or dust jackets
- Out dated reference material
- Diet/Medical books older than 5 years
How to use Store Credit:
- Gets you 50% off used book prices
- Gets you 20% off new book prices
Example: If you purchase a $4.00 used book-you will use $2.00 of your store credit and you will pay out of pocket the remaining $2.00 plus tax.
MOST REQUESTED BOOKS
Below is a list of our Most Requested Books. These books are worth more credits because of their popularity.
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- Game of Thrones Series by George R.R. Martin
- Elephant and Piggie Books by Mo Willems
- Captain Underpants and Dog Man Series by Dav Pilkney
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher
- Books by Dr. Wayne Dyer
- 16th Seduction by James Patterson
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate
- Poldark Series by Winston Graham
- Big Nate by Lincoln Pierce
- Bone Series by Jeff Smith
- Books by Louise Penny
- Books by Helen Hardt
- Buffalo Valley by Debbie Macomber
- Wicca/Witchcraft/Crystals/Tarot Books
- Choose Your Own Adventure Books
- Goosebumps by R.L. Stine
- Crowned & Dangerous Rhys Bowen
- Dereliction of Duty by H.R. McMaster
- Doctor Who Books
- Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
- Golden Prey by John Sandford
- Longmire Series by Craig Johnson
- Books by Francine Rivers
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick
- Michael Vey Series by Richard Paul Evans
- Middle School Series by James Patterson
- Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur
- Books by David McCullough
- Books by Diane Chamberlain
- It by Stephen King
No. You may drop off books at any time during business hours. We will process your books as soon as possible. The time it takes depends on how many other credits are also being processed. We make every effort to have your books entered before the end of the day.
No, we do not buy or give store credit for textbooks. Textbooks are a very unique and difficult market so we are not equipped to handle them.
Yes, we can special order NEW books from one of our affiliated warehouses.
Usually takes 7-10 days, depending on when the order is placed. New books are full publisher price, but you can use store credit to get 20% off. (Some exclusions apply)
We appreciate all teachers do for our children and their dedication to promoting reading. We therefore offer an additional 10% off books that will be used in your classrooms. Just show us your school ID and rack up the savings.
Yes. We can ship books within the United States. Regular post office rates apply.
See Shipping Policy for more info.
- We can ship books to anywhere in the continental United States.
- Books are shipped through the United States Postal Service at the MEDIA rate. It can take anywhere from 7-14 days for your books to arrive. Prices are based on the weight and size of the package and the destination. We will give a price quote before shipping.
- We are not responsible for a book once it is shipped. If you would like to purchase insurance or delivery confirmation, you may do so for an additional charge. We will not refund any books not delivered. If you provide an email address, we will mail you the tracking information.
- We can ship to prisons/correctional facilities. Due to federal laws, we can only ship books purchased directly from Starr Books.
- WE CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF THE PACKAGE DOES NOT MAKE IT TO THE PRISONER. EVERY PRISON HAS ITS OWN SET OF RULES AS TO WHAT CAN BE SHIPPED. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CONTACT THE PRISON AND FIND OUT THEIR BOOK POLICIES BEFORE PURCHASING.
Our consignment program allows Starr Books to carry a variety of self-published and small press titles from local authors. We love finding hidden gems which would be of interest to our customers!
Starr Books’ consignment program seeks to highlight local area authors. We celebrate the creative process and we enjoy the role we play in sharing your work with our book loving community. In the past several years, we have witnessed a dramatic increase in books created by the self-published/indie published sector. We relish the idea of more voices being heard and read in our world. However, with this influx, we are encountering varying levels of quality in both written language and illustrations. We also use a very unscientific, but intuitive, process for “what will sell”, rooted in our understanding of our unique customer base. Incidentally, this is the identical policy we use for choosing titles from our major publishing houses. Starr Books prides itself on serving our reader community with a discerning eye and a deep knowledge base born over 20 years of bookselling. As a result, we feel it incumbent to share a few of our stipulations as points for your consideration.
- We have a policy of not carrying books published by Createspace, because, as a matter of principle, we disagree with the business model Amazon proffers. We also will not carry books that are printed through XLIBRIS.
- Books must have a spine displaying the title and author’s name (no spiral-bound books).
- Books must have an ISBN affiliation
- No porn-related materials.
- We reserve the right to accept or deny carrying your book in our stores.
- The basic administrative fee for a consignment is $25.00, check or cash only
- Books should have a spine displaying the title and author’s name (no spiral-bound books).
- Upon sale, we pay 60% for a consignment title.
- We agree to display books on a consignment basis for a maximum of 3 months. As books sell, we may request additional copies from consignor.
- At the end of the consignment period, you will be contacted to pick up any remaining books not sold. Any money owed will be issued at time of pick up. Books not picked up within 1 month of end of consignment will become the property of Starr Books and no check will be issued.
- We will pay only for items sold. Damaged or stolen items are the sole financial responsibility of the consignor.
- You will have to sign a consignment agreement agreeing to the above stipulations.